Monday, January 18, 2010
Chapter 2 continued...
I'm getting off the train at the Sydney station. I buy a Mcdonalds lunch and walk back above ground. It's day 2 of my spectacular escape. I havn't heard anything, but I havn't had access to any of the media. I got to the next town yesterday, late into the night but the trains continue 24 hrs so I was still able to get out before midnight. For the first half hour I just sat there, getting paranoid, thinking that someone was watching me. But eventually I began to relax and soon enough fell asleep. After all, I was pretty tired, I had been moving all day, and it was a long day. But now, munching on a cheeseburger and wondering around, I feel totally awake. The train dropped me off just by darling harbour. It's a pretty cool place. I see a newspaper stand and buy a newspaper and a map of Sydney. Right here's the plan. A missing person report about me surely wouldn't have gotten to Sydney yet. It's only been a day. So: I'm going to wonder around for a while, take in the sights, then maybe an hour before it's supposed to get dark, I'll find the nearest motel and stay the night. Then tomorrow I'll think about where I'm going next. I'm going to keep a low profile, of course, but I'm not too worried. Maybe I'm taking this too lightly. I really don't want to be caught. I don't want to explain to the police and my parents, have to explain why I ran away. It's not like they'd understand. I hardly understand. But enough of that sad stuff. It's time to tour!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment