Note: This is purely fiction. A story I wanted to write for the fun of it. If you want to read my story from the start, search the heading 'chapter 1' each post is the next part in a story. Each one has a label that says it's page number. So the first post will have a label saying page 1 and so forth. If you want to continue reading the story another time, just remember the page number you are up to, and search that number next time. If you have any questions, email me. Info should be on this page. Thanks for having a look. Hope you enjoy.
Indiana

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Chapter 2: The Adventure Begins

I've slowed down to a jog. I think I'm about halfway into town by now. My house (ex-house?) is pretty close but I've still been going for about an hour. So it's about 3 in the morning now. After running through the paddocks for a bit I made my way onto the main road, but I'm going to make sure I'm out of sight again by 5 o clock. Once in town I will head south. I'm going to go all the way to Sydney. I'm so excited! By now, of course, the nerves have kicked in. I am really nervous. Part of me keeps nagging the other part of me to turn back, go back home and get back into bed before it's too late, before someone notices. But the other part of me is bigger, stronger and very thirsty for adventure. That's the whole reason I left in the first place. I was happy at home, loved and welcomed by my family and friends. But I was stuck in a rutt. The same thing every day. It was boring and I felt like my life was going to be like this forever. I'd always dreamed of running away, going off to see the world and busking for money. Well, I'd finally worked up the guts to do it. The day after my 15th birthday was the day that I started my new life, the day my adventure begun. I'm very sorry to my family and friends. I know they'll worry. They'll search. But they won't find me. I can't put up with my old life any more. I'm starting a new life, and although I'll miss everyone, life goes on. I'll probably meet new people, and within time everyone from my old life will forget about me, or at least move on. I hope. Well, anyway, no use worrying about it now. I've made my move and I am NOT going back now, no matter what anyone says. No matter what I say...

Right, got to focus. I'm just on the edge of town. It's 4:30 am. I'm going to have to stick to back alleys soon. I'm going to keep moving on to the next town, and from there I'll be able to catch a train to Sydney. I might stay in Sydney for a few days, check it out, look at the Opera House, the Sydney Harbour Bridge etc. Oh and don't worry, money isn't a problem.You see, I don't want to sound stuck up, but well, I can sing. I can sing and I'm good. It's earned me a few extra dollars in the past few years. According to most people, I was going high places. But although I enjoy singing, I don't think it's my thing. Anyway, like I said, my singing has earnt me quite a bit, and I'll always be able to use my voice if I need a bit more. So money isn't a problem. This isn't going to be a smooth ride, of course, but I think it is still going to be very enjoyable. I'll make it enjoyble.

No comments:

Post a Comment