Note: This is purely fiction. A story I wanted to write for the fun of it. If you want to read my story from the start, search the heading 'chapter 1' each post is the next part in a story. Each one has a label that says it's page number. So the first post will have a label saying page 1 and so forth. If you want to continue reading the story another time, just remember the page number you are up to, and search that number next time. If you have any questions, email me. Info should be on this page. Thanks for having a look. Hope you enjoy.
Indiana

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Chapter 1: Taking The First Steps

My alarm blared through the silence and I instinctively slammed my hand down on the snooze button. Looked across at the time displayed on my clock. Sat up straight in bed and remembered why I had woken myself up at 2 o clock in the morning. Today was the day. It was finally going to happen. I got out from under the covers and silently dressed, psyching myself up for the big challenge that lay ahead of me. The challenge I had to face alone. Once dressed I put on my coat and grabbed my backpack, which would be all I had left in the world within a couple of minutes. That and the possesions it held inside. I crept out the back door and breathed in the fresh, cool air. One good thing about living in the country? The air is always fresh and clean. Shame I no longer live here. Well, not a shame really. This is how I planned it. I walked through the first few paddocks, quietly opening and shutting gates, leaving everything how it was. Then I ran. I ran and ran and ran like I've never run before. The cold air kept me going, it kept me alive. The darkness encouraged me, enticed me, invited me. And I ran towards it, excitement and adrenaline filling my whole body, with no room left to spare for nervousness. I had finally taken the first few steps. I had finally run away from my old life, to begin my new one. I shivered with anticipation as a thought bounced around inside my head. I couldn't stop thinking: 'my new life has begun.'

1 comment:

  1. Hey Indiana! Guess who it is? I really like your story and so I'm trying to give it a go thought I'm not so good at writing :). Seeing as my names not actually Rennie, ill give you a clue!

    Thooorrr, haha, that should be enough
    Check out mine :) Mines called, Missing you, Whoever Knew
    http://whoeverknewteenstory.blogspot.com/
    Though its a bit wierd and you might not get it thought I'm trying to explain

    Anyways, yours is really good, cyaaa

    ReplyDelete